Oh yes, it’s time for the ever circulating Leibster Blog Award!
If you are unfamiliar with the Liebster Award, it is a way of getting to know other bloggers. You can only be nominated if you have under 500 followers. (Although this is pretty flexible, I should think.)
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you (Thank you Seeds of Three!)
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you
3. Nominate 11 other followers with less than 500 followers
4. Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer
5.Tag your nominees & post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them
Here we go!
1. What was the first thing you’ve ever sewn?
I made a blanket for a white bunny I had, is one of the first things I remember? It was two pieces of pink poly velvet, I whipstitched on one side only. On one half I “embroidered” a white B for either Bunny or my last name. I loved that bunny. The other three sides of the blanket were never stitched together. I don’t think I was in school yet.
2. Did you wear it? Why or why not?
3. Do you believe in fate?
Tricky question, without defining “fate.” I do believe that we create our own life path based on our own choices, but I also think things happen for inexplicable reasons in a grander scheme of life. So, maybe yes.
4. What is your earliest memory?
I have only a few memories from being around 3 years old. We lived in Montana, and my father made me a stool so I could reach the sink. I also remember sitting under blankets as my mom made them. Maybe she had a frame? My father was a wood worker, so he might have made her a frame she could use. I will have to ask her…
5. If you drink, what is your favorite cocktail (recipe please!)
I don’t make cocktails at home! I am so silly! I love Mojitos – they are refreshing! My local favorite cocktail bar makes a “guilty conscience” with fresh cucumber and other yummy things. I like citrus and fresh fruits.
6. What kinds of books do you like to read?
I love science fiction and have since I was a child, but the characters usually have to be a dark hero for me to enjoy them immensely. I love books from the 19th century as well. I have a writing degree from college, so my taste in books varies. I love Canadian poetry and prose, and Jewish fiction (especially modern!) I read a great deal. Lately, my new “trick” to sewing is listening to audio books while I sew!
7. When was the last time you were sick with something other than a common cold? What was it?
What an interesting question. I have a toddler so I regularly have colds. I don’t remember being sick with anything like a virus that wasn’t a cold in a few years. I am generally very healthy.
8. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
On the fence about this one. Those Meyers-Briggs test, it switches back and forth depending on when I take it. I am pretty balanced I think in that area.
9. What sewing tip have you learned that blew your mind?
MANY! Lately the one people seem to freak out over that I thought was common practice is to tape two pencils together to add seam allowance. Two writing pencils is around 3cm.
10. What is your dream sewing machine if money was no object?
I don’t check out other machines, my baby would get so jealous!
11. Do you prefer hot or cold climates? Why?
I prefer Seattle climates? It’s neither hot nor cold. I love the grey skies, the clouds, the rain. I love wind storms, and foggy mornings. I love that “hot” is 95′ and “cold” is 40′. I love that I rarely have to scrap ice off my windshield and I haven’t shoveled snow in my entire life.
I had a great time and hope you enjoyed them too! My blog is a personal endeavor, sharing my projects and adventures. Upcoming for April will be short but regular posts about bicycling and sewing for bikes!
- http://peanutbuttermacrame.blogspot.com – She is a power house of sewing industry! Always has new, gorgeous makes to share – and she is snarky about women in the tech industry, so she has my adoration!
- http://katiekadiddlehopper.blogspot.com – Fashionista! A domestic goddess, this one makes very glamorous and fun outfits. LOVE!
- http://threedresses.org – Super fun clothes and costumes, she regularly goes into details about fit and alterations. Also, she chooses awesome patterns to make.
- http://prttynpnk.com (just nominated, so feel free to not participate) Hilarious, with funny posts that I laugh out loud too, and makes clothes like a boss!
- http://gjeometry.com – She has a wild style, and makes both fun and wearable clothes. Gotta love form and function.
- http://sewtell.wordpress.com – I love this one for her sense of style and class, and real woman/working clothes.
- http://customstyle.wordpress.com – She is a professional costumer, so you will find industry trade secrets AND talent too!
- http://handmadebyheatherb.blogspot.com – Funny, sarcastic, and talented follow this blog! She talks the talk and walks the walk, whatever that actually means. She also shares stuff about fitting clothes and whatnot, which I like.
The above also are some of my “die hard” blogs that I read all the time. I have learned a great deal from these skilled, talented, and generous women. They deserve super real awards, bigger than I can give them!
- What what the last movie you enjoyed watching?
- What what your most recent adventure?
- How do you improv your techniques or sewing knowledge?
- Why do you blog?
- Who do you enjoy sewing or making for the most?
- Where do you get your fabric and sewing supplies from?
- What is your dream vacation?
- Do you meet locally or have local, in person sewing groups you like?
- What is your current favorite song or group you are listening too?
- What is your favorite fabric to wear?
- What is your favorite pattern to sew?
PS: My twitter pal and rainbow-sewing enthusiast Gillian asked people how often and how much blogs do they read. This completely relates to this “getting to know others” blog award. I find that I easily read blogs that are on wordpress OR ones I can get delivered to my email inbox. When it’s made easy for me, I will participate. Some blog formats like tumblr or flavors.me don’t have that function, which is a bummer for lazy blog readers like myself! If you have a blog you love, or write yourself, share it with me in a comment below!