I am excited to announce a logo contest! We are looking for a logo to represent our group, The Sewcialists. What are sewcialists you may ask? A Sewcialist to me, is someone who sews or stitches, with freedom of creation: someone who makes, produces, designs and builds. It can be anything from clothes to quilts, to sleeping bags to ships sails. If you sew, and you want to join our new community, you are a sewcialist.
The contest is for a logo, to be shared and used about http://www.sewcialists.org and in many more places too. You have a month or more to complete the logo and get some sweet prizes too. I am even kicking in a custom cover for an ipad or laptop or ereader or whatever you want, if you win. So be crafty, be dynamic, and design to help broaden our creative community!
I do hope you can enter the contest. All skill levels welcome to enter! Comment or share with your friends, and let me know if you enter!
Who are the Sewcialists?
Sewcialists are those who sew and chat about sewing, fabric stashes, etc through social media.
What design are we looking for?
- Relates to sewing and the social nature of sewcialists
- Is modern, simple, recognizable and memorable
- Is useable in black & white as well as in color
What will the winner receive?
- We are proud to have MAKE as our official sponsor! You will receive a 1 year subscription to Make magazine.
- A $100 cash prize. The cash prize of one hundred US currency will be paid through PayPal only.
- A custom “technical device” sleeve (made by me!)
Deadline for submissions is April 20th.
Submit your design and statement to jury [at] sewcialists [dot] org
We have a sewcialists jury of 10 who will be blogging about this contest. Check out the jury list at sewcialists.org.
April 24 until May 8: The jury members will open up general voting to the whole community on the designs that made it to the final round. (You can effect what design we use!)
- Voting will happen via comments on the jury blog posts
- Every sewcialist has one vote per jury-blog
- One person can vote multiple times (as long as it’s on different jury-blogs) on different designs, or on the same design.
Any questions? Please let me know! Feel free to share this contest with your friends. It’s open to all. The fine print can be found at sewcialists.org.